Monday, January 30, 2012

People will do anything for a quick buck...

I've been going to this doctors office to try and have a baby since about October.  I chose them because there is 1 doctor, the staff is so nice, they know you by name and everyone is so helpful.
To know that they have totally and completely screwed me over really puts a dent in my happiness.
When we started going, I was told that insurance covers all diagnostic testing and procedures.  So for them to tell me that a test here and there are not covered kinda raised an eyebrow, but these people know what their talking about right? Some tests were put on hold because they had to be paid out of pocket, the surgery was almost had to be paid for, I mean, we've put a lot of freakin money into this place because our insurance didn't cover everything. 

The other day I called this new place because they do payments.  Their billing department spoke with me over the phone and she said things just aren't adding up.  She ask for my permission to call the insurance and ask if these tests were covered. I was a little hesitant because I didn't wanna raise any red flags to the insurance. She assured me nothing like that would happen and will get back with me.

This morning I had a very interesting conversation...

This new office is telling me all these future tests and surgeries will be covered, and all those tests I paid for before should have been covered.
Are you telling me these people lied to me to make money off me?
Was it an honest mistake?
How do you make a mistake like that.
But this leads me to my next question.
If they had submitted the testing and surgery to the insurance, they would have accepted it because it's covered...
Did they never submit any of this?!
You have got to be kidding me!

Needless to say, I have an appointment with this new doctor next Tuesday and will never step foot into that other office again!

No comments:

Post a Comment