Saturday, February 4, 2012

Don't give up on me now...

I have donated blood plenty of times in the past 2 years. I like to do my part, people need blood transfusions every day. I'm a fantastic donor also! I can pump out a pint in under 5 minutes!  For those of you who have never given blood, they do a pre-screening test of about 25 questions. They also take a small sample of blood to see how your hemoglobin levels are. 

Thursday night was Joe and I's turn to donate blood.  We get there and get set up in our little room.  They start off by taking my hemoglobin levels and I am measured at 12.3 and you need a 12.5 in order to donate.  Are you kidding me? They took it again to make sure it was an accurate reading... and of course, it was.  What in the world. So, I couldn't donate and they told me to come back in a week..
Fine...

As I'm waiting in the canteen for Joe to finish giving blood,  about 3 minutes later he walks up to me and asks what I'm doing! I told him I was denied because my levels were too low and he said he got denied because he had a tattoo!!
What in the world is going on!
They obviously aren't in desperate need for blood.

We left and I was a little discouraged I couldn't donate.

I'm discouraged because  I feel like my body isn't letting me do anything I want.
Is that selfish?
It sounded a little selfish as I wrote it.

I can't be as active as I'd like because my back won't let me walk more than 20 seconds until I'm crippled with pain.
I can't have a child because my insides are all messed up.
And now I can't even donate blood??

Come on, body, don't give up on me now...



This past week or so I've been trying to take a more natural approach to trying to have a child.

I starting taking this new multi-vitamin which is for old people, but apparently there is a "baby in every bottle" haha.  And I drink a cup of "pregnancy tea" every morning with certain herbs to help balance out the body. 

It can't hurt, right?

Tuesday morning is my visit with the new doctors and I am crazy excited.  I feel like they are really gonna take the time to help us out.





Moving on.




Something has really been bothering me lately...

In my small journey to better myself and just all around become a better person.  My number 1 goal is to be more helpful.

I've always been one to help and care for people, that's just what I do.

Everytime I extend my hand to help someone, or be there for someone, I get snubbed and it's starting to really frustrate me. I sit here and watch people bitch about one thing or another, and when I hand them my help on a freakin' silver platter, they push me away like I'm inconveniencing them. 





If someone were to hand you a thousand bucks and told you to just take it, don't worry about paying them back, and don't feel bad about it. 
You'd take it right?


Duh.

No comments:

Post a Comment