Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Appleton, Wisconsin

Joe's company is based out of Appleton, Wisconsin;  a small town in the middle of nowhere.

He brought up the idea a few months ago that maybe one day we could move out there because he always wanted to go back to the midwest.  But I told him that there's no way I'd move that far away! Delaware is my home, I'd miss it too much.  

The past few months or so we've been really considering purchasing a house, and just for kicks I looked up houses in Appleton. 

Holy crap!

You get about twice as much house for half the price out there. Ridiculous.

I was like, okay let me look up apartments.  $450.00 for a luxury 1200 sq. ft. apartment. 
WHAT?!

You can't even get the basement of a convicted murderer for that cheap!



I got sucked in.
Before I knew it I was looking up schools and churches and local fairs.
This town has that "small town" feel to it.  Joe absolutely loves it. It's only fair that I check it out right?




Our vacation is coming up soon and we've decided to spend a few days in Wisconsin and see how we really like it.  I've found a local church that we're going to attend, a few activities to do there, and I think if nothing else it'll be really fun.  He also knows a lady up in the area who has lived there for years and we're going to spend a day with her really getting to know the area.




My heart aches.

Everyday here is just a bad day...
I look around our area and the children and schools, and I don't want to raise my child in Delaware.


Having flight benefits is always a plus and I can hop on a plan anytime I'd like.






But I'm really starting to think the middle of nowhere is kind of what we need right now...

1 comment: